MEET YOUR COACH – BEN THORNE
Two of my greatest joys are exercising and competing. Starting as a Personal Trainer in 2006 at Fitness First Bondi Junction I knew straight away that this was my dream career.
In 2008 I moved over to London and spent time working at another Fitness First and managed to somehow keep a PT business while going off each summer back packing. In 2011 I was ready to come back to Australia and focus on how I can take my experience to help my clients back home.
I always had a passion to be a better trainer and always knew that a thirst for knowledge, while important, is useless without direction. With my dreams to help start my own business and own personalised way to help my cllients.
I committed myself to becoming a teacher. I learned how to structure my client sessions, not just making up sessions on the spot (as many trainers do). My goal was to match my experience with my passion, and pass on practical knowledge and skills to improve the fitness journey of my clients.
Fast forward to 2016 and Fortitude Performance was born! As of 2020, I am still committed to learning and passing on knowledge to my clients (and am currently studing my Bachelor of Exercise Science at ACU to further my knowledge). After 14 years, my passion for helping my clients build sustainable, lifelong, habits, is still as strong as it was when I first started!
THE FIVE PILLAR SYSTEM:
1) Understanding what a calorie is and how these breakdowns into macro nutrients of protein, fats and carbohydrates.
2) Learning proper portion control skills around measuring food and understanding the calorie value around your food options.
3) Understanding how to hit your optimal fiber intake.
To have a long term, healthy lifestyle, factors such as sleep, stress management, hydration and daily steps are extremely important. As part of our program, we provide insight and training around how to improve in these areas for better performance, improved body composition, and overall live a healthier life.
What Our Client Says About Us
- I was feeling intimidated the first time I went to train, knowing that I was not top notch with my fitness. Ben’s approach was encouraging and I’m seeing progress and now I really look forward to each session.
- Great trainer, very knowledgable and tailors the program to your needs. Plus also has a great music playlist!
- Highly rated, has individualised my nutrition for a World Masters Comp in BJJ, to compete at a lower weight, without sacrificing strength. And 100% spot on, touching base in how I’m feeling if any adjustments were needed. Meeting GOALS!
- Great gym + trainers. The programs keep you focused to achieve your fitness and nutritional goals �����
- Is an awesome trainer and gym. Have been here for 3 years and not going anywhere ��
- Great atmosphere to train in and a very motivating trainer who helps you reach your goals.
- Before working with Ben I never realised there was so much to exercise and form. He is almost a form nazi haha. This attention to detail though pays off as I have never felt stronger and was able to rehab some old injuries as well. Highly recommend
- Great workout! Feeling strong .
- Great Saturday session . Sets me up for a great weekend.
- Favourite PT in the shire. I may be biased as he is my babes ❤❤❤